Hey there, Chat Thing community!
Why did the robot go on a holiday?
It needed to recharge its batteries and unwind its gears!
We certainly haven’t been on holiday - we’ve been busy beavering away creating new features and fixing things. Brace yourself for some lovely new features and fantastic improvements. You could head over to Chat Thing and start your journey now or read on to see what we’ve been busy doing. Before we dive straight in lets play a game...
Can you guess which data source takes the crown as the most used in the Chat Thing universe? 🏆📊 Will it be YouTube, RSS, Web, File, or is YouTube ready to claim the throne once again? Put your guesses in and scroll to the bottom of the email to see if you won or not. The prize is a huge pat on the back! What more could you wish for? Hehe.
🚀 Introducing New Channels: Discord, WhatsApp, and Public API!
Get ready to expand your horizons because we've added three exciting new channels to the Chat Thing family:
WhatsApp: Chat Thing is now at your fingertips on your favourite messaging platform! Connect with your customers on WhatsApp and allow them to enjoy the power of your bot.
You can see a demo video here.
Discord: Unleash the power of Chat Thing within your Discord community! Seamlessly integrate chat capabilities and watch your server come alive with engaging conversations.
You can see a demo video here.
Public API: Attention all geeks! We're thrilled to announce the launch of our powerful Public API. Take advantage of enhanced functionalities and build amazing chat applications with ease. Let your creativity soar!
📦 Storage token boosts
We had been noticing that a lot of your sync’s were failing because they would have taken you over your storage token limit. Especially for those of you on smaller plans! That was rubbish so we’ve boosted the number of storage tokens on the free, basic and standard plans.
Free from 100,000 to 300,000
Basic from 300,000 to 1,500,000
Standard 3,000,000 to 5,000,000
Enjoy syncing more than ever!
🌟 Discover Amazing New Features and Improvements!
We've been working tirelessly to bring you an array of features that will elevate your chat game to unprecedented levels. Here's what's in store for you:
- Data Source Restructure: We've revamped our data sources for improved performance and efficiency
- Incremental Syncing: Our synchronization process just got smarter! Now, storage tokens are only used when something has changed, making it more efficient and cost-effective for you.
- Stability Boost: Long-running sync operations are now more stable than ever. Enjoy uninterrupted syncing without any hiccups along the way.
- YouTube Playlist Support: Get ready to rock the world of video content! Chat Thing now supports YouTube playlists, wahooooooo.
- Conversations Made Easy: Say hello to the new response feedback filter in the conversations view. Find and sort through conversations that have been given positive or negative feedback.
- Slack Response Visibility: Collaboration just got better! Allow others users in the channel to see the bot's response.
- Polished Formatting: We've fine-tuned the formatting of bot responses in Slack, ensuring a sleek and professional look for all your conversations.
🛠️ Improvements & Fixes: Because We're Always Listening!
We take your feedback seriously, and we've implemented several improvements and fixes based on your valuable input. Here's a quick rundown:
- Render Markdown: Now, markdown is correctly rendered in responses within the conversations view. Enjoy beautifully formatted messages that captivate and engage.
- File Upload Made Easy: We've added a convenient file browse input, allowing devices without drag and drop support to upload files effortlessly. Share your documents and media hassle-free!
Also, we also had a great chat with Josh - our first ever paying customer. Who’s been an absolute legend and has been giving us lots of feedback so we can improve Chat Thing. We’re still working on some things that Josh mentioned, but here’s what we have done so far:
- Ability to Copy Responses: Say goodbye to tedious manual typing! With a single click, copy message responses as markdown in both the web channel and conversations view. Sharing and formatting made super easy!
- Switching Subjects Bug Zapped: No more repeated answers when switching subjects—smooth sailing from now on!
- Response feedback: We're giving you the power to rate responses! Now you can express whether a response is good or not. Just simply give it a thumbs up or thumb down!
These enhancements and fixes are just the beginning, we’re still doing out absolute best to continuously improving your Chat Thing experience, so if you have any feedback we would be very grateful to hear and happy to help.
So have you guessed what data source is the most used? Drum roll please 🥁 It is File!! The majority of you like to use the File data source!